Thursday, December 9, 2010

What was your favorite thing about this class? What was your least favorite thing about this class? How can this class be improved?

My absolute favorite thing about this class was how I was able to work on the classwork at my own pace. This was really helpful because I work graveyard shift, so its nice to have some flexibility in one of my classes. I also liked that every week, all the information was pretty much laid out in a neat and organized manner. That definitely helped me stay on task! Good job professor Perez!

My least favorite thing would be the 12 hour post restriction! I know it is set in place to prevent procrasination, but it is definitely a pain, especially when you wait till the last minute. I found that some weeks I would have to carefully lay out my posts in order to meet the time limit on my final post.

Overall, this class has been great. All the assignments, tests, and group projects are fair, so I honestly can't think of anything to improve on!

3 comments:

  1. I also like the ability to work at my own pace! I have another online course and so it was nice being able to have a couple classes where I could do the work when I had the time instead of being forced to do it within a couple of days and sit in a classroom for a couple hours.
    The 12 hour post restriction was one of my complaints too. Even though it did help me have time management, I was still trapped a few weeks where I didn't have the time to do the posts 12 hours apart. I feel that if the posts get done, then it shouldn't matter the time difference between posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on your last post for this online class. Doing this class at our own pace was a good thing especially for you. Working graveyard shifts can be tough so its helpful we can do the work any time. I agree with you that the twelve hour in between is not fun. If you wait to the last few days you are kind of screwed.I fell you on the procrastination. Doing it the last minute was a pain in the butt. You should have put if you like or disliked your group members too. Good luck with all your finals and have a good winter break.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree with you 100% because I too felt the sting of procrastination! I really liked the fact that it was an online class which meant we did the work at our own pace but then the time restrictions came. At the start I was worried that an online class would be hard to understand and follow, but that soon changed. The professor did a good job on giving providing us with the material in an organized way. It was what made this class flow so smoothly. I'll admit that procrastination often got the best of me as the work was laid out for us at the start of the week. It was kind of hard for me, but I soon set up a schedule by which I was able to work efficiently.

    ReplyDelete