Saturday, November 6, 2010

3. Number 4 on Chapter 10 Exercises

4. Make an appeal to emotion for the next time a traffic officer stops you.

This really caught my eye as I was reading through the section because of how funny and true the fact is that many people will try to appeal to a police officer's emotion in order to get out of a ticket. I know if I got pulled over I would say pretty much anything to possibly make him more lenient, and hopefully out of a ticket. For example, If I got pulled over for speeding, and I knew I was definitely at fault, then I would probably say something along the lines of: "Sorry officer! I had to rush home because of a family emergency!" My hope in saying this is that the officer probably was in the same situation before and would understand my need to drive slightly faster. Either this or he would feel sorry for me and let me be on my way home to attend to my "emergency."

No comments:

Post a Comment